Sunday, June 14, 2015

One day, my pictures will load in order and I'll have the patience to organize them in a nice and short blog entry...

that day is not today!

Lots going on, will attempt to summarize a bit. So I have been getting addicted to having my hair braided...I even know how to ask in Thai now! Peo pom hai noi ka. (insert tones somewhere). So here is the finished product:



And this is Teacher Dao all Thai'd out for teaching - I'm starting to really like my teacher clothes :)


My current obsession: dragon fruit - all day every day



My matthyom students - Scouts Day!






New addition to my bed: meet Jou Chai - means "Prince" in Thai. Figured it was appropriate after the frog incident in bathroom. Fun fact, the frog came back for round 2! Thankfully Emily rescued me, yet again.


Friday night walking street- Enjoy!







Flashback to Bangkok, my good friend Emma and I goofing around





So with my matthyom students I instructed them to pick an English song and they had to perform it in front of the class. Needless to say they were all so nervous and scared, but they did such an amazing job! I seriously am still smiling after my week with them. They completely amazed me and now I feel like a proud mother to all 200 of them! Their favorite songs: The Show 
Walk Away - Dia 
See You Again - Fast & Furious 7 
Titanic (see video below)
















Ah I do love my troublemakers....





Mae Chan sky


Oh and this was a treat for me! My littles play football (soccer) after school and I have wanted to figure out a way to play with them and so after my run I just ran over and we had such a fun time kicking the ball around. However I am 27 and not 15 anymore - my back started to hurt a little! So much shame! Lots of laughter and smiles. I love them so much

Staying dry with friends :)



So this week my kids learned about elephants and I had them draw them. Wish I took photos of the drawings, they are so adorable. The older kids sang their songs. Oh and I started to sing more songs with my kids, just having way too much fun with them. I hope they are learning some English from me..if not they will have "let it go" DOWN. haha. By the time Friday rolled around I was thoroughly exhausted from the work week. And someone turned it back up to summer so the temps were 35+ (high 90s/low 100s). Yuck! Friday I strolled the market and had suki mu nam (my new addiction) at my favorite restaurant (nickname: the garage) and then wandered back home and got snuggled up with my book and read until I fell asleep. Saturday I woke early and headed to CR to escape my little town for a bit. Had a perfectly lazy Saturday poolside and had a beautiful room equipped with tv and ac and a nice bathroom. Not too shabby! Friends and I had some drinks and went to dinner and then headed to bar street. I wasn't feeling too well so sauntered back to get some much needed sleep. We all get up and lounged by the pool again and then some of us opted for a one hour foot massage...ah it feels so good. I have a problem, I can't get enough massages. ALL THE MASSAGES PLEASE! And now back in my town and attempting to do laundry and blog updates. Oh I also saw my friend Pae this week in town and had a really fun girly night with her and her friend visiting from Malaysia. Lots of laughter and fruit consumption. Been running every day and finally finally finally back into my yoga...oh how I have missed my mat. Welp...not too much to update on, but mae bpen rai. Till next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment