Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mountain Girl -> City Girl -> Farm Girl

So as many of you know I grew up in the mountains with a town the size of 4 people roughly. Lived by the beach for 6 years (both norcal/socal) and now living in a mountain town the size of 1 while here in Thailand. We got Wednesday off (Buddhist holiday) so some friends and I headed to a farm where they grow rubber trees and make ceramics. Quite possibly one of the best days I have had while being here. I was able to document my transformation to a farm girl. Ended the day with karaoke (obviously) and a full stomach. So much food. It's the next day and still haven't had anything except for watermelon. I never want to eat again, but it was really really good food. Here are some pictures FINALLY :)

I will write more on it, but here's a summary:
Friend of a friend came with us to dinner Tuesday night while we feasted at an all-you-can-eat buffet of delicious food and man did we eat! so much food, I'm still recovering and it's Thursday. Well she speaks English and invited us to her farm on Wednesday (our day off) so we hopped on some motorbikes and headed there! We got some food on the way to grill and we were there by 10:30am. We chopped down leaves to make a picnic blanket and starting preparing the fish and the soups and everything else. Coffee and Chai was served and I was a happy camper. After using a machete, wow - what a great experience. Reminded me of when I was in the Amazon ( love I can say that) and we had to whack down bamboo (as it's invasive in South America). So it was no problem to whack down some leaves. holla! So we just became farmers and ate delicious food. They make pots so Teacher M and Wynie got to make some beautiful pottery...only ended up with some clay on my legs from their attempts haha. So much fun. And ended with karaoke (last pic of the night). Home by 9pm and not much work done, but a beautiful day with my beautiful family. 

side note: languages spoke during the day - Filipino, Spanish, English, Chinese, and Thai (Nik's sister Name studies in China! And well her family is all Thai, my friends are Filipino, and I was just comparing some of the words in Filipino to Spanish so we all helped each other out - lots of fun)

As you can see:




























my boyfriend

smooches boo
















































No comments:

Post a Comment