Tuesday, September 6, 2016

How is it September already?

So got around to uploading some photos....here's a yoga picture of me working in the office past 22:00 because #ThaiLife


Lauren and I in Bangkok 

Engagement party with my friends January 2016

English pre[ (my student is with the jacket - nickname: Paul)

JQ, Hobie, myself, and Dan! (Camp friend)

Receiving awards for our students work

Teacher Dao <3

Birthday shenanigans

Philippines sunset

Alexie (roommate in Cusco, Peru) came for a visit 

The day I fell in love with Mark Bridge

SEA sunsets

sunburn before the dog attack

Adorable student work

wearing a wedding dress and lipstick. judge me

teacher fun at science day

my Swiss sister

student life <3




So apparently it's September already...And I have been in Thailand now for two years. How has that flown by so quickly?! Some silly updates of this incredible and crazy year...


  • January -My BFF from California flew out to bring in New Years with me in Bangkok in a posh condo and danced till 6am at a crazy club (best New Years ever)
  • February -Attended a TEDx conference with fellow teachers
  • March/April Explored Vietnam, Malaysia, and The Philippines solo
  • April -Met friends from California in Koh Phi Phi
  • May - Laid on the beaches of Koh Tao and turned 28 somehow...
  • June -My friend from Canada came to stay with me and meet my school for a few days - we were roommates in Cusco, PERU back in 2012 :)
  • June - My longtime camp friend from California came to visit Chiang Mai and got to celebrate our reunion with dancing, swimming, and a ladyboy show <3
  • July - My best friend, her mom, her sister, and her niece came to Chiang Mai and we got to spend time with ELEPHANTS together and just had an incredible time - short lived, but cherished every minute :)
  • July - While spending time on an island over a holiday weekend...I was attacked by a dog - survived and 6 shots later and a massive amount of coconut oil and aloe vera...all I have is a small little scar to remind me of my SE Asian adventures...
  • August - Had 2 school competitions where my students did quite well :)
  • August - Parted ways with Bethel...my roommate from the beginning...Lots of laughter and tears with that amazing woman. She has taught me so many things about myself. She taught me to be myself and to make me a priority...
  • September - My last weekend in Chiang Mai with my teacher friends. Was spent dancing, eating, swimming - rinse and repeat. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend

    Oh and I was electrocuted the other night while trying to plug my phone in...so that was a terrifying experience...shocks running up my arm and have a blister...Oh Thailand...Honestly every day is a blessing in my life!

    Now I am wrapping up the school term as I head to Bangkok on the 16th and then I will be in San Francisco on the 17th! Will be a whirlwind of San Francisco, Santa Cruz, San Luis Obispo, San Diego, Los Angeles, then my parents house and to visit my grandparents...
However I realize that I have no idea when I will be home (in California) again! I have another wedding (shocking I know) September 2017, but it's an Alaskan cruise! So will see how California will work in that.

As of now...I have 16 days in California and I am back in Thailand on the 5th of October. Students last day is the 7th and I plan on sticking around with Emily, Wynie, Jeffrey, and Wyndel until as long as possible. I can't even write about how much I will miss these people so I won't! We are just trying to spend as much time with each other as possible before I venture on. My dear friend Gemma might also be leaving this term and we've been close for the past two years (she teaches at the school down the street from me). We've dealt with Thai administration and just everything Thai and trust me, it bonds you well with someone. Just seems like a dream...like all of this is a dream...

I will be heading on down south to the islands for a few weeks to get my tan on and try to control my emotions and prepare for a western world. Yikes!

Fly to Kuala Lumpur on the 4th of November and then onward to MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA on the 5TH OF NOVEMBER!

If they have me of course...

Have the work and holiday visa all sorted...funds in my account (hahaha like that has ever been a true statement in my life), insurance, a couch to sleep on (hey-oooo), and friends to visit...

Oh what a crazy life... <3

Sawadee Jao


P.S. I am sure I will have some deep blog, but the fact that I'm trying to keep from crying every few hours is making me put a hold on that. I might just type that one up on the plane. And yeah still not a lot of pictures, one day...


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment