Thursday, December 18, 2014

And I'm back!!

Sorry it's been awhile. Quite a busy month and very little time for blogging, every time I sit down to upload I end up just going to sleep haha. So a couple weeks ago I went to Singha Park in Chiang Rai and went ziplining with my friends! So much fun! Check out the flower fields. There's also a tea plantation and it's just beautiful. After ziplining we went and treated ourselves to some fancy food at a posh restaurant at the park. Rough life hm?










 selfie shame



 ^we had a crush on him
 ^such a champ!
 love them :)


 not a bad view huh?


delicious! If anything, come to Thailand for the food! I'm never tired of it. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same weekend, but met up with other GVI/teacher friends and we decided to treat ourselves to some Italian food and yes...yes that is exactly what you see...chilled WHITE WINE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  (my heaven)

After our feast my two friends and I got a tuk tuk and headed to the black house. So eerie! You can feel/sense death once you approach the buildings. Beautiful artwork, but definitely quite dark. 

 entrances

 creepy big fella

 me being silly on my throne

 Hannah on her throne

 Hannah and Bethel being silly - per usual

 we're silly <3

 My loves 

 Bethel feeling at home again

 Such a fun day with these girls :)

The architecture was beautiful! They had huge snakes in cages, but I couldn't even approach the cages without getting goosebumps. Kept it together and didn't cry, but just preferred to see the buildlings. I am not the biggest fan of snakes or spiders...good thing I moved to Thailand huh?


Okay well here are some updates I can attempt to summarize:
I am almost done with my 7th week of teaching! I love it, I never thought you could love your job this much, I don't even feel like it's a job, of course it's a lot of work, but every day it's worth it. Since Christmas is coming up some of us have been getting the students into Christmas by making xmas decorations and introducing xmas songs to them. We have  Christmas program coming up on the 26th (the ESL instructors get the 25th off) and my IEC kids will be singing two songs. The practices have gone horribly adorable, I'm just so glad they're cute and pray I get to help them on stage. Oh and us teachers are doing a choreographed dance as well...I will post pics/videos (b/c it's thailand there will be tons of it) once it becomes available. 

My students call me angel because they think angels are beautiful so now I'm beautiful angel star - did I mention I love this country? haha.

I have a new friend in my town, her name is Hannah and she is from London (not to be mistaken for the picture of my friend Hannah in this blog who is also from London haha). Met her through a friend of a friend because that's how Thailand works. A friend I met in Pai asked me if I knew of any teaching positions because his friend was looking for one since she just finished her TEFL and there was an opening at the private kindergarten school in my town and so I asked for her resume and sent it over to my friend and she gave it to her director and she came up for an interview and now she is here on a month trial! She's so much fun! We've been doing bike rides daily and eating coconuts daily. My town is pretty small and I still know very little Thai and there are only a few people that speak English so my friend-pool is quite small here. I've been getting better and understanding Thai and can make friends, but I really need to start learning how to communicate with Thai people better aka learn their language. It's on my never-ending list of things I want to accomplish while in Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment