Monday, November 17, 2014

Adventures

I got my hair braided by one of the Thai teachers on Friday :) I rather like it! I can't wait for my hair to grow longer so I can get some pretty awesome braids going. The girls learn how to braid as a trade. 






I opted to stay in Mae Chan over the weekend because I just didn't feel like traveling to Chiang Rai, wanted some time to nest in my little town. So ended up hanging out with my friend Alex (Texas) and sang some songs Friday evening. 

So it looks like my weekend was just meant to be surrounded by music because after I left my friend after getting dinner I was just biking home and heard these guys play on a patio across from my place. So I parked my bike home and walked over and prayed that one spoke English or understand my broken Thai. SUCCESS! Dimmy spoke some English and the other two didn't, but we all connected through music. They're in a band and were just playing some Thai music. Then they surprised me with HOTEL CALIFORNIA! haha. Thought that was pretty sweet. They were super nice and we are all around the same age. So yay for success on making new friends in a small town where I speak zero Thai. I'll post some of their music on my site once I get some editing done. 


So Monday, after a long day of teaching/lesson planning (story of my life from now on), I was determined to explore some more of Mae Chan. I hopped on my bike (oh I bought my friend's bike for half price so now I have a mode of transportation. Walking is well, doesn't exist in Thailand, you get weird looks and asked for rides everywhere). So I just headed up into the mountains toward Mai Sai. I had an hour to wait for my laundry so figured an hour of biking was perfect and oh it was. Watching the sun kiss the landscape...beautiful :) Going to try and make this a habit after school every day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment